Thursday, February 11, 2010

North Texas Is Getting (Almost) Record Snow!



I am pretty much super sporadic with this whole blogging thing, but I don't even care.  Today is awesome.  It's snowing so hard (for North Texas).  So hard (for North Texas), in fact, that I don't have to go to work and I won't be going to school!  The last part being by choice of course.  According to the Dallas Morning News,

"Snow continues to fall and will only grow heavier across North Texas today, contributing to what is expected to be the snowiest winter in 25 years."

The rest of the article is HERE.


I am so excited.  Not only is there snow, there's a lot of it and it's gorgeous.  It's even snowing hard enough to knock the satellite out giving me yet more reason to be outside!  I'll be making snow ice cream if it snows enough (which it should).  I have NEVER made snow ice cream in Texas.  I always have to wait till we go to the ranch in Red River, NM during the winter break for that.  This makes me very happy.  The last time it snowed this much in North Texas was when I was 3 (1990).  That was such a magical time in my childhood.

It's made even more awesome because I'm still young enough to act like a little kid and get away with it!!!  I will be using that excuse all day.  Off to the park for me!!!  I wonder if there's water in the waterfall(s) today?  That would be even more magical.  As per Dango, I'll be trying my hand at cross-country skiing with regular skis at Coleman Lake Park.  Off to the white outdoors for me!

Notice how cute the gazebo and trees in the yard look.  Also notice the snow on the cactus to the right!  I wish I had a dedicated photographer to take cute pictures of me in said gazebo or frolicking, hahaha.  Today will be such a great day (since we're expecting something like 6 inches of snow!), even sans sunshine.

I hope it's apparent how excited I am.

I'm such a kid!  ^_^

3 comments:

Durango said...

Jovo---
How did the skiing go? There was no one available to photo document my skiing. With it snowing setting the camera on the ground and using the self-timer was not an option. It is past noon in FW and snowing the hardest yet.

Jovan Gonzales said...

Well. I learned that cross-country skis are definitely different than normal skis. I tried them out in the back yard to see and I failed miserably to ski. Ha! I also learned that you can burn a lot of energy by trying to ski in such a manner, haha!

TXsharon said...

We have snow in abundance here. I just posted a couple of pictures.

Post a Comment