Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Today Was a Hot Chocolate Day



Today was such a nice day.  I didn't really do anything.  It's been a long time since I went to Coleman Lake Park, but it was well worth it.  It was only slightly disappointing since the larger of the two waterfalls had zero water falling action.  Lame.  It was made so much nicer by the fact that my mom decided that she wanted to come with.  That picture is my mom on the bridge over the small "waterfall."

I think the trail around the lake is about 2 miles and we walked it twice so it was a good hour's worth of walking.  It was cold and damp and grey.


That's from the southern end of the lake.  It looks extra amazing in the spring when the cherry blossoms are blooming and the lake is full.  Again, note the grey skies.









Perfect hot chocolate weather.  I didn't have the hot chocolate till I got back home, but better late than never, no?



7 comments:

Durango said...

That waterfall looks like it might be bigger than Tandy Falls.

Jovan Gonzales said...

Hahaha. That's a little sad. Maybe we should call them both enlarged rapids, eh?

The main waterfall is about 20ft tall. That's definitely a real waterfall ... I take a pic when it has actual water.

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

I like your Frosty mug! Does your mom put a dollop of whipped cream on top of your chocolate? Ya know, not every mom does that...

Jovan Gonzales said...

Thanks! I LOVE my mug! No one is allowed to use it, except for me. Even when I'm gone! And yes, my mom loves me oodles, so I get whipped cream AND cinnamon!!!

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Oooh...cinnamon! I'll have to try that...in stick form or a sprinkling on top of the whipped cream? Ever since I saw Ned Flanders from the Simpsons make Bart and his boys those great cups of cocoa...I've done it the same. Who says you can't learn something from watchin' the digital flat screen...(ha)

Jovan Gonzales said...

Sprinkling on the whipped cream!!! I think stick would be waaaaaaay too strong. Especially if it were real cinnamon bark, that would be too much. Sometimes, I get one of those wafer straw thing with the chocolate in the inside if I'm lucky, or pocky sticks!!!

I learn things from watchin the idiottube ALLLL the time! :D

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Where you been? Did you happen to make two very important phone calls today?

Post a Comment