Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lexus LFA: Not as pretty as an Aston, but still awesomeness in a bottle!

This is the 2011 Lexus LFA:



I took this picture from an article on Jalopnik.  The article can be found here: Lexus LFA.  So, I'm wicked excited about this car, not because it looks cool, or is wicked fast, or as an awesome engine, or even because it is uber exclusive, but because it's from Toyota!  WHAT!?  Toyota!?  When have they produced a car that wasn't a big pile of boring beige?  Well ... the last thing I can think of that even close to counted was the Celica, and that was front wheel drive.  So I guess then the Supra would be the last awesome car from Toyota.  Then they had to go and get all obsessed about the environment and sucking all the fun out of driving.  Okay, I'm glad they make efficient cars, but do efficient cars have to be lame?  Apparently not.  Supposedly, this 500+ V10-powered car is in the Euro 5 emissions category (the lowest one they have!).  0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds, 202 mph top speed, 9K red line, 3200lbs.  Yes please.  Moral of the story: when I have $400,000, I'll be buying one of these.  Then I can be exclusive AND have a badass, fast car while being environmentally conscious.  Okay, if I had $400K, I wouldn't buy this thing.  I'd get my dream car:




That's an Aston Martin V12 Vantage.  (Picture taken from this article.)  I could  get this and still have about $100K left over.  I would definitely get a Prius for all my long trips and everyday errands, but then I could bust out my V12 Vantage!!!  Plus, the V12 is faster around the Nurburgring, only .2 seconds slower to 60 mph, and looks about um 840275984026 times better.  Then if I got this AND my Prius, I'd still have enough money to finish school, AND a nice down payment on a loft in downtown Dallas.  See.  I just need to find a way to get $400K.  No big deal.  I'll just start selling drugs as well as selling my body, hahahahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment