Friday, October 9, 2009

I Think It's About Time for Some Snow, No?




K, this is from January.  And it's October now.  I want this again.  I LOVE snow.  This is one of the only times it has ever snowed here.  Not sleet (we get tons of that), not freezing rain (all of TX closes down when this happens, haha), not hail, SNOW.  It was amazing.  I felt like I was a kid again, as I have a huge affinity for winter/snow/cold.  It snows about 3 days a year in my hometown (which is in rural NE Texas).  But this snow was the only times in the history of ever that it has snowed in Bryan/College Station, Galveston, and even Port A!  I like wearing my winter clothes, walking through snow, having hot chocolate, ice skating, etc.  I was NOT made to live in Texas.  I love it here, but a REAL winter is one thing I am lacking here.  The reason I say all this is because it has finally been getting "cold."  By "cold," I mean below 55 degrees.  Woo Hoo!!!  So, now, I'm pretty much praying for it to get so cold that I'll actually wear a jacket, and maybe it will snow again!?  I do see snow every year, we go skiing every Christmas in Red River, and I spend Thanksgiving in Colorado.  The big deal is that it snowed HERE.  Hahaha.  So, Canada/Upper Midwest/Alaska, send me some of your snow!!!  :)  I want to wear my parka!!!!

1 comment:

Savvy said...

You can have our snow anytime!!! I have to admit it's fun to play in, but after getting dumped on for a few months it gets depressing, esp. after the holidays.

Thanks for the lovely compliment BTW.

Have a great week!

Post a Comment