Sunday, November 1, 2009

HALLOWEEN!!! Baking and schtuff!

Aowright.  So yesterday was Halloween.  I don't normally celebrate Halloween because it's kind of a depressing time of the year for me (Don't worry!  No depressing story in this post!)...BUT...I decided to go hardcore this year!  My friends and I decided about 2 weeks ago to throw a giant party (hooray for Facebook party invites!). Overall, yesterday was wicked fun.  Amanda and I baked stuff ALLLLLLL day.  We woke up at 10 and pretty much baked till 8 then got ready.  I'm definitely only posting the pictures of the baking since the rest are too scandalous (and no one should be allowed to be as drunk as I was, hahaha!).  I will say that my costume involved underwear, tights, towels, and toothpaste.  It was a super hero costume, but maybe just not a super hero you know of!  I did make it up after all.  That was our party theme, unusual super heroes!  There was a cucumber man, super woMAN,  and super hygiene girl and super hygiene boy (me!) to name a few!  :D


This is the lemon cake mix ... as a warning to anyone making lemon cake, you have to mix that effing mix for like 3 minutes total!  NO CAKE SHOULD TAKE THAT LONG TO MIX!!!!!  It was extra yummy though!


This was the lemon cake after frosting and before the "blood and guts" were added.  I think I may have eaten about half of this cake before midnight...

It was also our friends Brooke and Denise's birthdays so it was a two-for-one!


Decorating sugar cookies!!!  We did a really terrible job AND ran out of icing!  LAME.  Still, no one seemed to mind because all 4 dozen were gone.  Nice.


I wasn't really very sure how to imitate the face on the cookie ... I made that face a lot last night.  Heh.


Amanda making the "mud."  Seriously, so easy and tasty!  It's like rocky road ice cream that doesn't melt!  Okay, it's like rocky road ice cream with gummy worms.  The only thing that sucked: cleaning up peoples vomit later that evening.  Gag.


Random: Brooke's son as Raggedy Andy!!!  CUTE!!!  He probably ate about 483257098 pieces of candy before nightfall.  It was nice to visit with them before the party.  You know, since she's a parent, lol.




So, the moral of the story is: Halloween was awesome.  I woke up today, feeling awesome.  (Is that a comma splice?)  I never get hangovers or anything anyways.  It's like I was blessed with the ability to drink tons, never throw up, and not have hangovers.  What more could a college student ask for!?  I mean, I have to cut loose some times, right?  I have a lot of frikin studying for today though.  If anyone wants to tackle Quant. Chem with me, I'll love you forever.  I also get to write a lovely paper today.  Kill me.  I'll reiterate: I feel awesome today.  I still managed to do my normal 3 miles, and still woke up early!  I'm partially done with my paper at the moment, so pretty much all is good.

Oh!  I also need to point out that Hocus Pocus is a GREAT movie to watch on Halloween.  It's got tons fo awesome quotes and it's extra funny when you're drunk.  Just throwing that out there.

I also just realized that I probably sound like an alcoholic, but I promise I'm not one!  Uh oh, alkies always say that don't they?  Hmmm.  Well, since I'm in college, I'm allowed to just say that I'm not an alkie, I'm just a normal college student!  Plus, I'm old enough so I'm allowed!

2 comments:

Chris said...

looks like you guys had fun. Holloween treats are always fun to make...

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Reading it has made me dizzy! Luv dirt cups always made 'em for the kids' parties at school. Got a REALLY easy spider treat, let me know if you want it for next year.

No, you'll look back on these "years" years from now and wonder, "Gawd! How'd I even survive???"

Post a Comment