Friday, December 25, 2009

Some snow! and MOAR COOKIEZ!

Alright.  A quickie Christmas Day blog seems about right today.  I awoke to find that there was still some snow left in the shadows of random places!

This was in the hammock behind my grama's house!  SNOW!

From Christmas 2009


I also found some on this here fence (like what I did with the hick accent?) near the neighbor's house!

From Christmas 2009


Anyways, the snow was nice and all, but what I appreciated more than that was the cold weather.  I basically never get to wear a scarf for a reason other than looking nice.  I actually needed it.  It's just a shame that it wasn't cold enough for more than a light jacket and a scarf!

Basically all of today involved making even MORE cookies.  Sheesh.  The ones we made today are called biscochitos.  They are delicious.  Holy crap.  We only make them about once a year (sometimes twice if we're lucky!!!).  The only reason we don't make them more often is because making the dough for them is kind of like pulling off your nails one at a time with a pair of tweezers.  It sucks.  The cramped hands and arms are so worth it though.  The combo of anise, cinnamon, and whiskey just does it for me.  I know.  Sounds like a pile of ass ... but it's not.  They're pretty dense, almost hard tack biscuit-like (hence the name) but sweet-ish.  Mmmm.  I pretty much ate half of the first batch by myself.

One of the many boxes of cookies going to someone's house (who knows).  Isn't my mom adorable?

From Christmas 2009


Pressing out one of the small balls of dough:

From Christmas 2009


Cutting out the cookies with a cookie-cutter:

From Christmas 2009


Final product (well, about 1/10th of them):

From Christmas 2009


Yum.

Now off to enjoy my not Christmas dinner.  Our actual dinner and such isn't until tomorrow even though I got my presents today!  Yaaay!

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Cheap Tricks and Costly Truths said...

Your mom is adorable! And M'm...how do I get on the receiving end of some of those cookies?!?

Oh, Darlin' boy...that wasn't snow...that was frost. HA HA :P

Jovan Gonzales said...

My mom IS adorable! Well ... if there's cookies left after tomorrow, I will be glad to send you some! ^_^

It WAS snow!!! It just melted everywhere except in the shade by the time I woke up!!! Watch Dango's vid of the snow and that's exactly what we got! :P

Post a Comment