Thursday, December 24, 2009

White Christmas (Eve) and All That Other Jazz.

Hokay.  So.  Today has been amazing.

I've pretty much been up alllllll day (this is very unusual for me on a break!).  It would've been a great morning, except my grama woke me up quite vigorously because she wanted me to put on a DVD for her (how adorable, right)!!!  Awwwwww.  I love her.  Speaking of my grama, that's where I've been for the last few days.  It's great and all, but being in Sulphur Springs is like living in a leper colony.  No one wants to come here; no news makes it past Greenville apparently; there's no 3G (so my iPhone is about 48074 times slower); there's no Target, Pei Wei, a mall or any form of a shopping center outside of Wal-Mart; everything closes at 8 (even worse during the holidays); and everyone has immediately learned of my return and everyone wants to see me.  I like feeling famous and all, but there just is not enough time in a day to see everyone and then I feel all bad and such.  Haha. Oh well.  I like seeing all my family and stuff.  I missed everyone.  It's also great because I get home-cooked food and I get to cook for everyone as well as help bake all the holiday goodies!!!  Mmmmmm.  Speaking of, most of today involved prepping stuff for and baking cookies.  Insane.  Though we aren't having the family get-together until Saturday, my mom, grama, and I have to start baking and readying early for the onslaught of grandchildren, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, friends, and strangers that will be at the house.  I love the chaos, it gives me something to do in this otherwise crazy boring town.  I guess I could complain forever, but I won't.  After all, Dallas is only about an hour and a half away.  Still a long drive, but definitely worth it for what Dallas offers me in the way of entertainment.  At least Sulphur Springs is cute.

This is our main street (Main St, lol).

From Christmas 2009


This is some of the pictures taken of me while baking.  Woot.  Great Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies.  Yummy.
Grama:

From Christmas 2009


Messing with pumpkin pie filling.  Right before I took a bite out of the can.  Little cousin to the right:

From Christmas 2009


After taking a bite of it (I thought it might have been sweet--I was way wrong):

From Christmas 2009


Yet another batch of cookies:

From Christmas 2009


The yummy batter after it is finally mixed:

From Christmas 2009


Wrapping last-minute gifts and listening to Christmas music!

From Christmas 2009


My last picture brings me to my last thing.  What's up with all the snow!?!?!?  Whaaaaatttt???  Last time I checked, this is one of only a handful of times that it has snowed in NE Texas, much less during the Holiday season.  I was a little dumbfounded when I was outside and started seeing flurries!!!  Pretty neat though.  I was even able to catch some snowflakes on my tongue!  Also, it's Christmas Eve!!!  Christmas presents and such tomorrow morning!!!  WOOT!  Also, Merry Christmas to anyone who may be reading this!  You can follow where Santa is at the moment on Google Earth as well!!!  It's pretty neat.  He is currently at Machu Picchu.  Hahaha. I will be checking about every, oh I dunno, 1 minute.

Oh yeah.  My last picture!

From Christmas 2009

1 comment:

robertga99 said...

MMMM...pumpkin oatmeal cookies. you need to send me a recipe for those

Post a Comment