Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Think God Is Telling Me To Move To Singapore.


Today has been a pretty eerie day as far as signs from the universe are concerned.  Everything at work and with my schoolwork has been normal.  While at work, a bunch of my coworkers and I were talking about how Singapore has pretty much blossomed into a world-class, highly important city.  Not that speaking of Singapore is a weird thing, but what has happened since is just a little creepy as far as coincidences are concerned.  I got home around, oh, 5:30-ish and decided to read the January issue of National Geographic that just arrived a few days ago--don't ask me why I just barely got January, February, and March all together a few days ago.  (I LOVE Nat Geo, by the way)  I read the magazine and remarked that I was just speaking of Singapore earlier at work since there was an article entitled "The Singapore Solution."  Great read by the way.  The article pretty much recounts how Singapore has gone from tropical rain forests to a globally important metropolis.  Again, I just thought that I was reading a neat article.


After dinner (which was fried pork chops and mashed potatoes, mmmmmmm) I turned on the TV to watch me some nerd channel.  I ended up settling on an episode of Big, Bigger, Biggest that focused on the advancement of Ferris wheel technology.  The only reason I REALLY watched it is because I thought SURELY the Texas Star would be featured.  I thought that the State Fair of Texas HAD to be a pioneer of some sorts (the State Fair DID invent corny dogs, funnel cakes, frozen margs, fried confections, and best of all, fried butter).  Well.  It's not.  I mean, the Texas Star is only the largest Ferris wheel in North America, but I'm going way off subject.  The weird part, is that the end of the segment focused on the Singapore Flyer--the current largest Ferris wheel in all the lands at 541ft.  I did find it a little odd that Singapore just popped up again.  It just so happened that the whole episode was just telling how the technology has advanced to make the Singapore Flyer possible.

The icing on my Singapore weirdness cake started about an hour and a half ago and hasn't stopped!  When I'm on my iPhone, it tells me my location if I'm in the maps app and if I'm using Safari, it tells me the last place I was.  It SHOULD say Sulphur Springs (maybe Greenville), but instead, it's been saying I'm in Singapore.  No joke.  Screen cap from the phone on the left.  When I'm in the maps app, the little blue dot that pinpoints your location is also saying I'm in Singapore.  I just don't get it.  I even updated my location to where it says SS, but then I close either app, and it goes BACK to Singapore.  As if I've ever even been there!  As far as I know (barring any kind of weird alien abductions and such), neither my phone nor I have been to Singapore.  Ever.  I don't even really like Singapore!  My dream locale is Malmo.  I wish to be Swedish!  NOT Singaporean?  (Is that what you call someone from Singapore!?)  The only things Malmo and Singapore have in common are: being very clean, they're both very green, both are gorgeous, and English-speakers abound.  The moral of the story, kids, is that I think God wants me to go to Singapore.  Anyone wanna take a road trip?  I'll drive!!!  :P

4 comments:

Bo said...

If God wants you there...then you better get your ass on a plane.

Durango said...

Jovo---
While you are in Singapore will you please look up Wee Cheng? In about 2000 Wee married Teck Seng, thus becoming Wee Cheng Seng or Wee Seng Cheng, I dunno, those Singaporeans are confusing with their name word order.

Anyway, Teck Seng was pretty rabidly anti-American, due to having spent time in California, due to his job with, I think, Apple.

I last heard from Wee Cheng after George W. invaded Iraq. Wee was very mad. Told me she'd have nothing more to do with America if America invaded any more Asian countries. I replied something along the line of does that mean you'll cease using the Internet?

That was the last I heard from Wee Cheng. She used to email almost daily. called me several times and would mail me stuff and ask me to mail her stuff, like this delicious cheese in a spray can that she'd gotten in a Wal-Mart in Tokyo but could not find in Singapore.

So, I shipped Wee a bunch of cheese in cans, including some real cheese, so she could see what the real stuff was like, on a slow boat to China. It eventually got to Wee, but I think the cheese had gone bad. And by the time she got my cheese shipment Wee had found the stuff in a can somewhere else.

Anyway, when you get settled into Singapore let me know so I can come for a visit.

robertga99 said...

Road trip to Singapore? Ummmm, yea...ok, I'll go with you.

Jovan Gonzales said...

Bo,
I'm not going anytime soon, do you think that still counts!? Maybe I should go BEFORE 2012? Haha.

Dango,
I will certainly look up Wee, lol. I can't imagine there's many of them, haha. That's weird that she stopped replying like that ... ... ... maybe Teck was unhappy, haha. Boys get jealous like that. I can't believe that the cheese (of all American things) was one of the things requested, hahaha. And yes, you MUST visit! I mean, I may be living in a pod, but who knows.

Berto,
Yesssss, come with. I have awesome playlists on my iPod. I think the only way to make it by car would be a verrrrrry long boat trip. Hence, my iPod, lol! It'll be fun! I won't lie, I'm kind of a fun person to road trip with!

Post a Comment