Monday, September 23, 2013

Getting Back into a Routine!

So, after much thought and debate, I have decided to get back into the bloggosphere!  Not that I ever did it for the views, but I always found it rather cathartic to just randomly type out things for strangers to read.

I shall start with a few of my life updates since, oh, I don't know, 2010?  Eeeek.  I was definitely in a totally different place and somehow kept it all together!  I'll spare the sob story, but I'm so much happier now.  My list of "I Nevers" follows (kind of sums up some stuff):

I Never ...

  • Thought I'd be moving into my first HOUSE this soon!  (Maybe pics to come, it's definitely a great little home.  The kitchen is HUGE and I'm alllll about cooking.)
  • Thought said house would be in ... Farmers Branch ... of all the places.  Long story for this one.  Not exactly happy about the town itself; luckily the green line runs close enough that I'll be employing the bike/DART method to go into the city.
  • Imagined that I would be in love with someone.  More specifically in love with a man that can tolerate all my crazy.  The one sitting on the couch being a lazy fart while I do the housework, cook, and blog!  HA!  Maybe not perfect ... but so far perfect for me!
  • Dreamed that I would be working for Gander Mountain - a company that basically thrives off firearm / outdoor product sales.  I don't sell anything there, but I manage a lot of the important behind-the-scenes stuff.  It's a job that is different and I enjoy it for the most part - it's still a job!
  • Expected to be planning a real wedding, you know, the kind with family and friends and no fried chicken?!  Preferably sans light pole and somewhere around here:


Just a little bit of stuff in there.  I sort of also always thought I would be some successful scientist ... then I realized it is REAL boring!  I always pictured myself living my late 20s in the city - preferably in a highrise - not in the inner burbs of Dallas.  I also wanted to be wealthy, not that I want for anything, but still, you know what I mean.  Oh well!  I feel like that's life.  You make a plan and it doesn't pan out and then you deal with it.  In all my random travels and roads to get here, I have picked up some good things along the way.  I've become a much better cook, made some amazing, genuine life-long friends, become a better person, and I've learned a lot of things like tolerance and patience (VERY tough to master - and I have a LONG way to go).  So for now, that's all.  I just wanted to sort of warm up my fingers and brain to this bloggy stuff again.  I have missed it!  So, cheers to my attempt to get back into the bloggosphere!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment